ROCKLAND HIGH SCHOOL
RHS COMMUNITY WEEKLY UPDATE #35
May 10, 2019
Here are a few highlights from this past week:
- The Rockland High School Environment Club has been awarded the 2019 Secretary’s Award for Excellence in Environmental Education. Ms. Armstrong and her students were recognized at the state house this week. Here is a picture of our students who received this honor. NBC Boston covered the event on the local news on Sunday. What a well-deserved recognition!
- IMAGES received the top honor from the New England Scholastic Press Association this week. The literary magazine was recognized as “All-New England” for its outstanding work.
- Kathleen Nee and Olivia Jones participated in the SEMSBA Music Festival this past Saturday, May 4th.
- Thank you to our Grade 9 students coordinated by our guidance department for hosting a panel this week for our Grade 8 students so that they can learn about their first year of high school!
- A special congratulations to seniors Madison Blonde and Tyler Beatrice for being recognized as the 2019 South Shore League Scholar- Athletes from Rockland High School. Here is their picture.
- Our spring sports teams finally enjoyed some nice weather this week! It’s safe to say-spring is finally here :). Here are some notes from the week in athletics.
- Congratulations to Dante Vasquez and Hunter Wardwell who were named Enterprise All-Scholastics this week in boys basketball. Here is the article.
- The girls tennis team lost to Cohasset 3-2 this week. Here is a picture of the pre-game ceremony.
- The boys baseball team fell to Cohasset and Carver this week.
- The lady dogs softball team improved to 9-2 winning back to back games versus Carver this week.
- The boys lacrosse team defeated Mashpee this week.
- The girls lacrosse team defeated Mashpee and East Bridgewater this week. Here is a picture of the girls team which continues to play well, improving to 6-3 on the season.
Here are a few reminders as we look ahead to next week:
- The National Honor Society induction will be held this Wednesday, May 15th in the RHS Auditorium beginning at 7PM. Congratulations to all of our students who will be inducted next week. Information on the National Honor Society selection process can be found here.
- Term 4 Progress Reports became available online this Wednesday, May 8th. Please check X2 Aspen to review your term 4 grades as of May 8th.
- The next RHS Site Council Meeting will be held Thursday, May 16th at 7:15AM in the RHS Guidance Conference Room. Here is the agenda.
- MCAS testing for Grade 10 students will continue on Tuesday, May 21st and conclude Wednesday, May 22nd. Please click here for the schedule on these late start days for students in Grades 9, 11, and 12. Students in Grade 10 need to arrive by 8AM.
- Final Exams for students in Grade 9, 10, and 11 will start on Thursday, June 6th. Here is a press release with additional information.
- This week information on Summer School has been posted on our website. Please click here to learn more about our summer school course offerings.
- Here is a look at the week ahead.
Happy Mother’s Day to all of our bulldog mothers! Thank you for all you do for your kids and our schools!
John Harrison, Ed.D.
Rockland High School Principal