ROCKLAND HIGH SCHOOL
RHS COMMUNITY WEEKLY UPDATE #30
March 29, 2019
Here are a few highlights from this past week:
- Each week we will try to update you on what our students have been learning in a specific subject. Here is an update this week featuring the learning happening in our English and World language classes.
- The Guidance Department has been busy planning for the following:
Tuesday, April 9th– On The Spot Admissions with Massasoit Community College
Wednesday, April 10th– Field trip to Massasoit Community College with Juniors and Seniors
Friday, April 12th – A Block AP pre-administration session in the Lecture Hall for all AP students.
Tuesday, April 23rd– On the Spot Admissions with Quincy College
Bridgewater State field trip- Grade 11 Field Trip to NEACAC College Fair then tour BSU.
- Congratulations to Aleigha Williams for being this week’s Top Dog! Here is her biography.
- Rockland High School completed its Collaborative Conference with the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) this week. The two-day visit had four educators from across New England meet with students, teachers, support staff, parents, and community leaders to learn about Rockland High School. The visiting committee will write a report to be shared with school leadership next month. Stay tuned as we will update the school community on both the commendations and recommendations within the report.
- Congratulations to our Grade 10 students who took the MCAS on Tuesday and Wednesday this week in English Language Arts. This was the first class to take the computer based test as a graduation requirement. We are proud of you! Thank you to Ms. Delaney and Mr. Wells for their help coordinating the MCAS testing.
- On Thursday, March 28th, the RHS Bulldog Buddies attended a fun night at the Eagles in Rockland. Students enjoyed pizza, wings, and salad, and played bingo and trivia! There was also a very fun dance party at the event. We continue to appreciate the strong generosity of the Eagles who allowed us to use their space and Mike’s Pizza for donating the food. Thank you to Ms. White and Ms. Hoffman for their time working with our students to plan this event.
- Winter Sports have come to a close. Congratulations to the following students who were named South Shore League All-Stars:
- Caroline Elie (Basketball)
- Hannah Wylie (Basketball)
- Dante Vasquez (Basketball)
- Tyrae Worrell (Basketball)
- Owen Shea (Wrestling)
- Antonio Gilstrap (Wrestling)
- Evan Gormley (Hockey)
- Thomas McSweeney (Hockey)
- Sean Geary (Hockey)
- Nicholas Blonde (Hockey)
- Nicholas Leander (Hockey)
- Angelina Vuong (Swim and Dive)
Here are a few reminders as we look ahead to next week:
- Are you ready for Annie? The show debuts Friday, April 5th at 7 PM in the RHS Auditorium. There is also a 1PM show on Saturday, April 6th. To read more, click here.
- There will be a senior class meeting on Friday, April 5th at 9:10AM. Seniors will learn about senior obligations and important dates as we head into graduation season!
- Here is a look at the week ahead.
Monday, April 1
Term 3 Closes
Tuesday, April 2
4:00pm Boys Lacrosse v. Abington
4:00pm Girls Lacrosse @ Abington
Wednesday, April 3
4:00pm Baseball @ Pembroke
4:00pm Softball @ Whitman/Hanson
Thursday, April 4
4:00pm Baseball @ Randolph
4:00pm Boys Tennis vs. Randolph
4:00pm Girls Tennis @ Randolph
4:00pm Softball @ Randolph
Friday, April 5
SAT Registration Due Date for 5/4 Test @ RHS
9:10am Senior Class Meeting
4:00pm Boys Lax @ Archbishop Williams
4:00pm Boys Tennis @ Mashpee
4:00pm Girls Lax @ Archbishop Williams
4:00pm Girls Tennis vs. Mashpee
4:00pm Softball @ Plymouth North
7:00pm Musical- Annie
Saturday, April 6
Have a nice weekend!
John Harrison, Ed.D.
Rockland High School Principal