ROCKLAND HIGH SCHOOL
RHS COMMUNITY WEEKLY UPDATE #27
March 8, 2019
Here are a few highlights from this past week:
- Students in Advanced Art are currently having their artwork displayed at the RE/MAX Deluxe of Norwell. Visitors to the exhibit are encouraged to cast a vote for their favorite artwork. The student with the winning piece of artwork will be awarded a $500 scholarship by the South Shore Youth Foundation. Click here for more information.
- The girls basketball team lost to Archbishop Williams (defending Division 3 State Champions) on Tuesday, March 5th in the Division 3 South Semi-Finals. Congratulations to the entire team and coaching staff on a terrific season. The lady dogs enjoyed great fan support in Taunton for their championship run. Here is a picture of Bulldog nation dressed in their pajamas. To read more about the team’s final game of the season, please click here. Here are some pictures from the team’s victory over Norwell.
- Congratulations to the cheerleading team on their championship this past weekend in the winter regional competition. On March 10th, the cheerleading team will compete for the state championship at Tantasqua Regional High School at 2:40PM. More information can be found here. Here is a picture of the team competing last weekend and here is a picture of the team with their regional championship.
- The school committee approved the 2019-2020 district calendar. Here is a copy to save the dates for the next school year.
Here are a few reminders as we look ahead to next week:
- Spring sports clearance day is going to be held after school on Thursday, March 14th in the nurse’s office beginning at 12:30PM. Please remember the following is needed on the day of clearance:
- Use Fee (One time user fee of $ 200.00 per year, Family Max is $ 375.00 per year). The User fee is non-refundable. All checks must be made payable to: The Town of Rockland.
- Academic (Eligibility)
- Physical (within the last year)
- Discipline (any hours owed need to be resolved before you get a blue card)
- On Thursday, March 14th at 12PM, students will have the opportunity to participate in a Lip Dub during school. Please see Molly Grass if you would like to participate.
- With term 3 progress reports now available on X2 Aspen and grades becoming available in the afternoon on April 8th (subject to change with snow days), it is time for the Rockland High School Spring Parent-Teacher Conferences. On Wednesday, April 10th, Rockland High School staff will have Parent-Teacher Conferences from 1-2: 30PM and 6:30-8PM. Please print off your child’s schedule and visit your child’s classrooms during these time windows. There are no set appointments during these time windows so please drop by and see your child’s teachers as you would like.
- The Key Club is having a pajama drive. They are collecting new pajamas for children which are going to be donated to Cradles to Crayons. Donations will be accepted through March 15th in Room 134.
- The winter athletic banquet will be held Wednesday, March 20th. Dinner will begin at 6pm for the students in the cafeteria. Parents should arrive at 6:30PM.
- Prom tickets will be on sale March 25th through March 29th. Tickets cost $70 per ticket.
- The National Honor Society is sponsoring a Pennies for Patients Drive- all proceeds will benefit the Leukemia/Lymphoma Society. The drive will take place from March 5th through March 22nd. Donations can be made during lunch in the cafeteria.
- Here is the agenda for the next Site Council Meeting which is on March 14, 2019 at 7:15AM in the RHS Guidance Conference Room.
- Broadway Night will be held on Thursday, March 14th at 7PM in the RHS Auditorium. Come hear our band and chorus students perform.
- The annual Nets for Nets 3 vs 3 basketball tournament is on March 19th. Students must have at least 1 teacher and 1 female member on your team. Signups are outside of room 205 and must be in by March 15th. Signups are $5 per player.
- Any student interested in joining the new RHS Dance Team should attend an informational meeting on March 13th right after school at 2:45PM in Ms. Tabares’ room in Room 136.
- IMAGES needs your help. Please submit your best transformation poem to email@example.com and it may be put on new butterfly benches in the town of Rockland.
- Here is a look at the week ahead.
Thursday, March 14
7:15am Site Council Meeting
9:10am Grade 10 MCAS Class Meeting
12:00pm Lip Dub
12:30pm Early Release
Spring Sports Clearance Day
7:00pm Broadway Music Night
Have a nice weekend!
John Harrison, Ed.D.
Rockland High School Principal