ROCKLAND HIGH SCHOOL
RHS COMMUNITY WEEKLY UPDATE #24
February 8, 2019
Here are a few highlights from this past week:
- Congratulations to Jenna Burns for being this week’s Top Dog! Here is her biography.
- Students in Art Club and IMAGES spoke at a recent Selectman meeting about an upcoming partnership with the ReImagine Rockland “Sole of Rockland” Project. Here is a picture of the team presenting at the Selectmen meeting. As a second phase to the Sole of Rockland shoeprint project, ReImagine Rockland will create outdoor sculptural seating in the shape of butterflies with a shoeprint laser-cut out as the markings on the butterfly wings. Butterflies represent a transformation!
- Take a look at Grace Sharp’s impressive spring flower she sewed with felt in Sewing and Textile Art. And our culinary students sure made delicious Monkey muffins this week!
- Thank you to students in Ms. Coulombe’s English class for helping RHS become, yet again, a Certified Kind School. Here is our certificate.
- Congratulations to our math team which earned fourth place in their final math meet of the year.
- Congratulations to Elizabeth Kelley for receiving an Honorable Mention from the Scholastic Art Awards. Her award-winning piece is titled “Haley in Providence.”
- Thank you to Ms. Julie Dore and Mr. Peter Harrison for taking RHS students last weekend to Quebec City to learn about the winter carnival. Here is a photograph of the team that traveled to Quebec! I heard all the students had a great time and they represented RHS extremely well.
- If you missed the Poetry Out Loud Competition on Monday, January 25th, here is a recording of the event. Thank you, WRPS!
- Here are the approved Site Council minutes from the January 3, 2019 meeting.
- Here is a winter sports update.
Here are a few reminders as we look ahead to next week:
- The MASC (Massachusetts Association of Student Councils) which RHS is affiliated with is raising money for Special Olympics! If you would like to support the Special Olympics, please click here.
- Students who made high honors term 1, term 2, or both terms will be honored at a luncheon on Tuesday, February 12th. The event is catered by Chipotle!
- Here is a look at the week ahead. A reminder that Thursday, 2/14 will be an early release at 12:30PM for teacher professional development.
Have a nice weekend!
John Harrison, Ed.D.
Rockland High School Principal