ROCKLAND HIGH SCHOOL
RHS COMMUNITY WEEKLY UPDATE #18
DECEMBER 21, 2018
Here are a few highlights from this past week:
- Students in the RHS Band and Chorus held a Holiday Concert in the afternoon on Wednesday, December 19th. The students sounded great. Thank you to Mr. Piazza and Ms. McComb for planning the concert with our students.
- Congratulations to School Resource Officer Ethan Schnabel who was presented with the first staff Top Dog by the Student Government Council on Wednesday, December 19th at their monthly meeting. Students put together a heartfelt tribute video to recognize all of his accomplishments with promoting school safety throughout the district.
- Grade 9 and 12 students went to New York City on Wednesday, December 19th to see Aaron Sorkin’s play To Kill a Mockingbird. Students read Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird in freshmen English class. This was a great opportunity for our students to visit New York City and see the play on Broadway which further enriched student understanding of this classic novel. Thank you to Ms. Walsh and Ms. McDonough for coordinating the trip and Ms. Carlson, Ms. Penney, Ms. Collins, and Ms. Lannin-Cotton for assisting as well with supervising our students. Pictures from the trip are located here.
- This week students in Ms. Dore’s French class used Google Expeditions to travel to Paris visiting Notre Dame, the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower. Check out these pictures here.
- PSAT Score Reports have arrived for Grade 10 and 11 students. Please click here to learn about how to access your scores.
- Here is a press release highlighting the outstanding performance by the cast and crew of Arsenic and Old Lace. Well-done!
- Here is a winter sports update. Good luck to all of our athletic teams!
Here are a few reminders as we look ahead to next week:
- Here is the agenda for the next RHS Site Council meeting on Thursday, January 3rd at 7:15AM.
- Midterm exams begin Tuesday, January 15th (date is tentatively set). Here is the schedule with an outline of the polices and procedures.
- Here is a look at the week ahead.
I wish all of the Rockland students and families a safe and enjoyable Holiday season and happy new year! See you in 2019!!
John Harrison, Ed.D.
Rockland High School Principal