ROCKLAND HIGH SCHOOL
RHS COMMUNITY WEEKLY UPDATE #16
DECEMBER 7, 2018
Here are a few highlights from this past week:
- Congratulations to this week’s Top Dog-Sean Morrissey! Here is a list of Sean’s achievements.
- Rockland high school music students received a special concert from members of the South Shore Jazz Collective last month as part of their studies. Here is a press release.
- Congratulations to the cast and crew of the play of Arsenic and Old Lace. Outstanding job last night! Be sure to check out the play Friday and Saturday night beginning at 7PM in the RHS Auditorium.
- On Tuesday, December 4th, RHS hosted the first annual Blood Drive partnering with Boston Children’s Hospital in honor of Ann E. Phelps. We had 82 participants and 59 of those were able to donate. This translates into 236 children being helped.
- Great job 2-D Art Student, Kylie Houde, on her Chuck Close inspired grid painting of singer J. Cole. Love these patterns!
- RHS is proud to welcome the first “Hydration Station” for bulldog nation. Thank you to the Environment Club for purchasing this water station and to our maintenance staff for assembling it. Here is a picture of the water station.
- The students in Mr. Conklin’s class assembled bicycles for Rockland Holiday Magic. Rockland Holiday Magic provides Christmas gifts for families in need in Rockland. Here is a picture of the bikes with some of our students in Every Day Repairs.
- Here are the approved Site Council Minutes from November’s meeting.
Here are a few reminders as we look ahead to next week:
- Term 2 Progress Reports will be available Monday afternoon on December 10th. Please log-in to X2 Aspen to see your child’s term 2 grades so far. Here are additional instructions on how to navigate X2 Aspen.
- Be sure to check out the RHS Holiday Band Concert next Wednesday, December 12th at 7PM. The RHS Holiday Chorus Concert is next Thursday, December 13th at 7PM. Both events to ring in the Holiday spirit are held in the RHS Auditorium.
- RHS is looking for feedback on the new website that was launched in the spring of 2018. Please take a moment to complete this very brief survey.
- The RHS boys basketball team will play Norwell Sunday January 6, 2019 at the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston at 8PM. Tickets are on sale in the cafeteria next week.
- Here is a look at the week ahead.
Have a great weekend!
John Harrison, Ed.D.
Rockland High School Principal