ROCKLAND HIGH SCHOOL
RHS COMMUNITY WEEKLY UPDATE #15
NOVEMBER 30, 2018
Here are a few highlights from this past week:
- Congratulations to this week’s Top Dog, Tyler Beatrice! Read about Tyler’s accomplishments by clicking here.
- On Monday, November 19th, RHS hosted the annual Powder Puff football game between the junior and senior girls. The seniors came away with the win! Here is an article published recently in the Veritas.
- Hannah Wyllie, Jad Bendarkawi, Liza McGaffigan, and Zach Webb presented at the 17th Annual Symposium on Sustainability and the Environment, on Saturday, November 17 at Bridgewater State University! They were one of 2 high schools represented. Here is a group picture.
- Congratulations to our state champion cheerleaders who came in first place on Sunday, November 18th at Worcester State University. Here is an article published in the Veritas highlighting this remarkable accomplishment. The cheerleaders and coaches were recognized at the School Committee Meeting on November 25th. Here is a video of the cheerleaders performing.
- Congratulations to Junior Quarterback Dante Vasquez on his selection to the Boston Herald All-Scholastic Football team! Well-done, Dante, and congratulations on setting the Rockland High School football rushing record! Here is a picture of the dogs after their Thanksgiving day victory, 33-6, over East Bridgewater. A special thank you to our senior cheerleaders, band members, and football players (and their families) on an amazing four years. Here is a group photograph!
- Thank you to our Chorus for performing in this year’s Holiday Stroll on November 23rd. Here is a picture of our all-star singers!
- On Thursday, November 29th, student leaders visited freshmen classrooms for the first round of Daring Discussions. Daring Discussions is educational programming designed to improve student understanding and acceptance of people of different backgrounds, national origins, ethnicities, races, religions, and other differences so that all students feel welcome, respected, and valued. Here is a picture of the student presenters.
Here are a few reminders as we look ahead to next week:
- The next Site Council Meeting is next Thursday, December 6th at 7:15AM. Here is the agenda.
- The National Honor Society is sponsoring a Blood Drive on Tuesday, December 4th in honor of Ann E. Phelps. Here is additional information. All students, staff, and community members are encouraged to participate.
- The RHS Theater Guild will perform Arsenic and Old Lace on December 6th, 7th, and 8th beginning at 7PM in the RHS Auditorium. Here is an outstanding flyer created by sophomore Anthony DeNino to help promote this upcoming fall play.
- Here is a look at the week ahead.
Have a great weekend!
John Harrison, Ed.D.
Rockland High School Principal