ROCKLAND HIGH SCHOOL
RHS COMMUNITY WEEKLY UPDATE #14
NOVEMBER 16, 2018
Due to the short week next week, there will be no Community Weekly Update. The next update will be provided on the week ending November 30, 2018…Have a great Thanksgiving :).
Here are a few highlights from this past week:
- As we are a quarter of the way through the school year, we thought we should share some of the curriculum highlights that have been going on inside the classrooms. Please click here to see what each department has been focusing on (links to each department are below the pictures)!
- Congratulations to this week’s Top Dog-John Ellard, III! Here is John’s biography.
- On Sunday, November 11th, RHS students participated in the annual Veterans Day Parade. Here are some pictures.
- Congratulations to South Shore League All Stars Dante Vasquez, Codie Garcia & Nick Leander. Also congratulations to Player of the Year in the Sullivan Division: Dante Vasquez! Congratulations to our SSL Volleyball All-Stars Hannah Wyllie, Caroline Elie, Carolyn McCarthy, and Jess Demarco. Hannah Wyllie was also Player of the Year. The football team is looking forward to hosting East Bridgewater on Thanksgiving Day at 10AM. Please come to the game to support the football team, cheerleaders, and band!
- Congratulations to our cheerleaders for placing 2nd place in the South Regional Competition last Sunday, November 11th. The Cheerleaders will compete at the State Finals at Worcester State University on Sunday, November 18th.
- Here are the approved Site Council Minutes from October.
- Here is just a sample of some of the original comic book characters Advanced Art 1 student, Bryce Taylor has made. This collection of characters was made with pen & ink. Great job Bryce who is student artwork of the week!
- On Thursday, November 15th, Rockland High School Bulldog Buddies participated in a painting night in the Rockland High School Cafeteria. Students enjoyed snacks, painting, and great instruction from the one and only- Mr. Casagrande! Thank you to Ms. White and Ms. Hoffman for putting on the event. Here are some great pictures.
Here are a few reminders as we look ahead to next week:
- The annual Powder Puff Football Game will be played at Veterans Memorial Stadium Monday, 11/19 at 6PM between the juniors and seniors.
- The Fall Athletic Banquet for Soccer, Cross Country and Golf will be November 20th at 6 pm in the cafe. The football, cheerleaders, and volleyball will have their banquets after Thanksgiving.
- Good luck to Hannah Wyllie, Jad Bendarkawi, Liza McGaffigan, and Zach Webb who will be presenting at the 17th Annual Symposium on Sustainability and the Environment, being held on Sat. November 17 at Bridgewater State University!
- Winter sports will start on Monday, November 26th. For information on the registration process and the winter sport schedules, please click here.
- Here is a look at the week ahead.
Have a great weekend!
John Harrison, Ed.D.
Rockland High School Principal