ROCKLAND HIGH SCHOOL
RHS COMMUNITY WEEKLY UPDATE #13
NOVEMBER 9, 2018
Here are a few highlights from this past week:
- On Saturday, 11/3, Rockland High School students visited the National Cemetery in Bourne to put flags on the graves of our veterans. Here is a press release.
- On Saturday, 11/3, RHS Band students attended the University of New Hampshire Band Day. Click here to look at the highlights including some great pictures!
- Thank you to our Guidance Department for planning the second annual Credit for Life Fair for Grade 10 students. The Veritas published a great article covering the event here.
- Students in Grade 10 had the opportunity to go on a field trip into Boston to the Freedom Trail on Tuesday, 11/6. It was a great historical walking tour for all involved. Here are some pictures and highlights!
- Great job to Grade 9, Foundations of Art student Jenna Whitten on her colored pencil graffiti name! Click here to view her awesome work!
- Here is this week’s Fall Sports Update. Congratulations to our girls volleyball team on a terrific season. Their season came to an end after losing in the Division 3 South Semi-Finals to Case High School last night.
Here are a few reminders as we look ahead to next week:
- Term 1 report cards are available online through X2 Aspen. For assistance with X2 Aspen, please click here to review these instructions.
- On Wednesday, November 14th, Rockland High School staff will have Parent Teacher Conferences from 1-2:30pm and 6:30-8pm. Students will have an Early Release at 12:30pm. Please print off your child’s schedule and visit your child’s classrooms during these time windows. There are no set appointments during these time windows so please drop by and see your child’s teachers as you would like.
- Don’t forget to support our cheerleaders this Sunday, November 11th at Franklin High School as they compete in the South Regionals. The cheerleaders are scheduled to compete at 2:15PM.
- Students are strongly encouraged to participate in the upcoming IMAGES Literary contest entitled, “Take Us Somewhere New.” Click here for additional information.
- The next Site Council Meeting is next Thursday, November 15th. The agenda is here.
- Here is a look at the week ahead.
Have a great weekend!
John Harrison, Ed.D.
Rockland High School Principal