ROCKLAND HIGH SCHOOL
RHS COMMUNITY WEEKLY UPDATE #12
NOVEMBER 2, 2018
Here are a few highlights from this past week:
- Congratulations to this week’s Top Dog- Matthew Karoutas! Here is his biography!
- Student Government Council planned another success Project Pumpkin last Sunday, 10/28. Here is a press release on the event.
- Keep an eye out for the artwork of one of our sophomore Pre-A.P. students, Lydia McWilliams. Her talents can be seen in this first A.P. Concentration piece titled, “Safe Haven” painted in watercolor. Great job!
- Congratulations to Paige Boggs who won the Creep Us Out Images Literary Halloween Contest. Check out of her work here!
- Our students in woodworking continue to impress, learning how to make clipboards, spoons, and even framing out a stud wall for electrical work. Check out some pictures by clicking here.
- Congratulations to our cheerleaders for winning the Sullivan Division at Abington High School this week. They were also the 2018 Grand Champions! Here are some pictures and a video!
- Here is a summary of some of the athletic highlights from this past week.
Here are a few reminders as we look ahead to next week:
- Report cards will be available online starting November 8th after school.
- Don’t forget to order your Class of 2019 Rockland High School Yearbook. More information on ordering yearbooks, parent advertisements, and senior photos can be found here.
- The hours for the After School Support Program have changed to Monday thru Thursday, 2:45-4:15PM in the Library Media Center. Here is the revised schedule.
- On Wednesday, November 7th all sophomores will participate in the Credit for Life Fair. Students will receive a spending plan, which will have a job that they picked out listed along with their monthly income. Students will go around to different booths and learn how to budget their finances. Booths that students will stop at include housing, insurance, clothing, transportation and more.
- A reminder that next Thursday, 11/8 is an early release at 12:30PM for teacher professional development.
- Here is a look at the week ahead.
Have a great weekend!
John Harrison, Ed.D.
Rockland High School Principal