ROCKLAND HIGH SCHOOL
RHS COMMUNITY WEEKLY UPDATE #10
OCTOBER 19, 2018
Here are a few highlights from this past week:
- Congratulations to this week’s Top Dogs- Katie Houde and Emmy Kelley! Here are their biographies.
- 6 Rockland High School students attended the Careers, Technology, and You Forum at Framingham State University on October 12, 2018. Here is a press release on the event.
- Homecoming weekend was a success! Students enjoyed the dress-up days, pep rally, homecoming football game, and the dance. Here is a summary of the busy week at RHS. Congratulations to Meghan Dion for being crowned Ms. Rockland. Thank you to our parents in the Athletic Boosters who planned the Homecoming Dance and a special thanks to Student Government Council for coordinating Spirit Week.
- Congratulations to John Ellard, III. who was crowned Mr. Rockland on Wednesday, October 17th. Here is a recap. Thank you to our Student Government Council under the leadership of Jasmin Morse for planning Mr. Rockland.
- On Monday, 10/15 RHS hosted its first Bulldog Buddy event at Boston Bowling in Hanover, MA. Here are a few pictures from their first event. Thank you to Ms. White and Ms. Hoffman for coordinating the event.
- Volleyball team members Carolyn Elie, Carolyn McCarthy, Hannah Wylie, and Alyssa Antoniewicz went to Memorial Park Elementary School to participate in Cozy Reading Day on Thursday, 10/18 to read with elementary school children. Here is a summary of the event.
- The first IMAGES webzine is available online by clicking here. Be sure to check out our student’s talented literary work. The theme is “Growth and Change.”
- Here is a summary of some of the athletic highlights from this past week.
- Here are the Site Council Minutes from September 19, 2018 meeting.
Here are a few reminders as we look ahead to next week:
- There is Saturday School from 9AM-12PM on Saturday, October 20th. Stop by to receive help in English, Math, and Science.
- Please do not park on Goddard Avenue at the end of school pick-up or drop-off as it creates difficulty for Rockland Trust employees and customers.
- The Signs of Suicide Program will begin on Monday, 10/22 and conclude by Thanksgiving Day Break. Additional information on the Signs of Suicide Program can be found on our website here.
- RHS will be sponsoring a bus to Bourne. On Saturday, 11/3, we will go to the National Cemetery in Bourne to put flags on the graves of our veterans. The bus will leave at 8:30AM and return by 12:30PM. Please sign up in Guidance by 10/26; seats are limited.
- We ask that all parents complete this survey for the school’s NEASC Accreditation by October 12th. Students will complete a similar survey during the month of October in their History/Social Science classes.
- FAFSA night is Thursday, October 25th at 6:30PM in the Library Media Center. More information can be found here.
- Next week, several faculty and students will be attending the RHS Open House/Welcome Night for the Rogers Middle School Grade 8 students who will be in the Class of 2023. The event begins at 6:30PM and will feature an opening presentation in the auditorium as well as student-led tours.
- Get ready for the next IMAGES writing contest! Here are the instructions!
- Here is a look at the week ahead.
Have a great weekend!
John Harrison, Ed.D.
Rockland High School Principal