ROCKLAND HIGH SCHOOL
RHS COMMUNITY WEEKLY UPDATE #6
SEPTEMBER 21, 2018
Here are a few highlights from this past week:
- Congratulations to Junior Jad Bendarkawi who has won the Massachusetts Agriculture in the Classroom Pollinator Video Contest! More information can be found here.
- Congratulations to our first Top Dog Club member of the 2018-2019 school year-Caitlin Cameron. Here is her bio!
- Mr. Conklin and his students in Everyday Repairs have been busy helping with various projects around the school. Please click here to see the students in action!
- Here is a summary of some of the athletic highlights from this past week.
- Thank you to all of the parents who attended Back to School Night on Wednesday, September 19th. It was great to listen to staff expectations for the upcoming school year and I am very confident the students will meet these high expectations.
- Several students on Friday, September 14th participated in the Sole of Rockland. Sole of Rockland is a community building project sponsored by Reimagine Rockland. Students assisted in artistic sidewalk paintings throughout the town. For more information, please click here. Thank you to Department Head Mrs. Thompson for organizing the event with ReImagine Rockland.
- On Thursday, September 20th, the New England Association of Secondary Schools and Colleges (NEASC) visited to discuss Rockland High School’s upcoming accreditation. Please click here to see the press release on our website.
Here are a few reminders as we look ahead to next week:
- There is Saturday School tomorrow, September 22nd, from 9AM-12PM, should any student need additional help in an academic subject. All students are welcome!
- Grade 10 and 11 students are encouraged to participate in Distractology. Sign-ups are in guidance and more information can be found here.
- The fall play will be “Arsenic and Old Lace.” Auditions will be held on Tuesday, 9/25 and Wednesday, 9/26 in Room 205. Students may attend either. Callbacks will be held Thursday, September 27th. Please see Ms. DiCanzio or Ms. White with questions.
- Term 1 Progress Reports will be available on September 27th after school on X2 Aspen.
- Here is a look at the week ahead.
Have a great weekend!
John Harrison, Ed.D.
Rockland High School Principal