ROCKLAND HIGH SCHOOL
RHS COMMUNITY WEEKLY UPDATE #5
SEPTEMBER 14, 2018
Here are a few highlights from this past week:
- The RHS Site Council held their first meeting on Thursday, September 13, 2018. These minutes from the May 17, 2018 meeting were approved. The Site Council discussed plans for the school’s NEASC accreditation self-reflection process which begins this year.
- Congratulations to our first Golden Spatula Award winners of the year. Click here to find out this week’s winners!
- Thank you to all of our students who submitted entries to our 2018 Summer Reading Challenge. Here are the winners, each receiving a customized Rockland High School fleece blanket.
- We had a busy week of fall sports, despite some rain and humidity, but our student athletes competed hard. Here is a summary of some of the athletic highlights from this past week.
- The School Committee on Monday, September 10th approved a Travel Club trip to Athens, Greece in 2021. The Travel Club is also busy planning their 2020 trip to Australia and New Zealand. A parent/student informational session is going to be held Tuesday, September 18th at 7PM in the Lecture Hall.
Here are a few reminders as we look ahead to next week:
- We look forward to seeing you at our Back to School Night for parents and/or guardians on Wednesday, September 19th beginning at 6:30PM in the RHS Auditorium. For more information, please click here.
- The first ever RHS College Application Boot Camp will be held Monday, September 17th after school.There will be 2 sessions, one from 3-5PM, and the other from 6:30-8:30PM. There is a registration form in Guidance and there is no cost. Guidance counselors will help students complete their common application, work on school-specific applications,update their resume, fine-tune their college essays, and navigate through Naviance.
- Grade 10 and 11 students are encouraged to sign-up for Distractology which will be held the first week of October. Distractology is a program using a mobile simulator which trains and educates inexperienced drivers on the dangers of distracted driving. A flyer can be found here with more information.
- Drivers Education sign-ups are taking place in the main office next week. Drivers Education classes take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays from October 2nd through November 1st from 3-5PM.
- PSAT testing will be held for Grade 10 and 11 students during the school day on Wednesday, October 10th. Please read this press release to learn more.
- We will administer the final Drug Free Communities Student Survey to all 9th, 11th and 12th grade students next Tuesday morning during period A.
- The first Saturday School of the year will be held Saturday, September 22nd from 9AM-12PM.
- Here is a look at the week ahead.
Have a great weekend!
John Harrison, Ed.D.
Rockland High School Principal