ROCKLAND HIGH SCHOOL
RHS COMMUNITY WEEKLY UPDATE #4
SEPTEMBER 7, 2018
Here are a few highlights from this past week:
- On Wednesday, September 5th, RHS had a fire drill to practice our safety procedure in the event of a real emergency. The staff and students did a terrific job, evacuating in just over 2 minutes. We appreciate the strong collaboration that exists among the school department, the fire department, and the police department.
- Guidance counselors met with seniors today on the college planning process during a grade-level assembly..
- Our fall sport teams are off to a great start. Here is a recap of our first week of fall competitions!
- Here are some educational materials on opioid use/misuse for student athletes. These materials are provided by the Massachusetts Technical Assistance Partnership for Prevention.
- RHS made the Sportsmanship Honor Roll, a recognition provided by the MIAA. Here is a list of all the schools in Massachusetts which made the Sportsmanship Honor Roll. Thank you to all of our coaches, Athletic Director Graziano, and our student athletes for representing bulldog nation proudly during the 2017-2018 school year.
Here are a few reminders as we look ahead to next week:
- Next week, the Rockland High School Site Council will have their first meeting in the RHS Guidance Conference Room on Thursday, 9/13 at 7:15AM. Here is the agenda. The RHS Site Council meets monthly to review the educational needs and goals of Rockland High School. In addition, the Site Council develops the School Improvement Plan and approves changes to the Program of Studies and Student Handbook. The RHS Site Council consists of students, parents, teachers, and a community representative.
- Picture Day is next Thursday, 9/13. Students will be called down during their English class to have their picture taken. Paperwork if you are interested in purchasing photographs is located in the main office.
- Bus sign-ups and breast cancer walk t-shirts are on sale during lunch from now through September 10th. Shirts cost $20 and bus tickets cost $5. Jars have been placed in all A Block classes. The A Block classes that raises the most money will win a breakfast!
- The After School Support Program begins September 10th. To see the schedule, please click here. The first Saturday School session will be held on September 22nd from 9am-12pm. Please click here to see the entire schedule.
- Here is a look at the week ahead.
Have a great weekend! Go Dogs!
John Harrison, Ed.D.
Rockland High School Principal