ROCKLAND HIGH SCHOOL
RHS COMMUNITY WEEKLY UPDATE #2
AUGUST 20, 2018
It is hard to believe we are one week away from the start of school! We are looking forward to seeing the students on August 27th for the start of the 2018-2019 school year.
Here are a few highlights from this past week:
- The RHS Student Government Council (StuCo) hosted their annual summer camp for Rockland High School student leaders on August 13th, August 14th, and August 15th. Please click here for more information and pictures on this highly successful camp.
- The RHS Marching Band hosted the Band Camp this past week. Please click here to see some of the students involved and see the fun they were having!
Here are a few reminders as we prepare for the start of school:
- Get involved in extracurricular clubs, activities, and fall sports. A list of club advisors and coaches can be found here. Attend the Meet the Coaches Night on Tuesday, August 21st at 6PM in the Auditorium. Please click here for more information. Also, please be sure to check out the required iMpact testing schedule here. IMpact testing provides an immediate post-concussion assessment as well as cognitive testing. A tentative fall sports schedule is located here. The MIAA has a free downloadable app we encourage all students and families to download.
- New Student Orientation and Grade 9 Freshmen Transition Night will be held on Wednesday, August 22nd at 6:30PM in the RHS Auditorium. For more information, please click here.
- Information on the RHS Calendar of Events for the 2018-2019 school can be found here. Please be sure to save the dates! Please take a look at the week ahead (8/20-9/2) located here.
- Want to know how to access your 2018-2019 student academic schedule online? Please click here.
- School starts at 8AM on Monday, August 27th. The bell schedule is located here. Students should report directly to Period A no later than 8AM.
- Behind in your summer reading? Please click here for information on summer reading.
- Information on the cost for school lunch, free and reduced lunch applications, and the menus for breakfast and lunch are located here.
- On the first day of school, we will distribute Emergency Contact Information, Parent Contact/Dismissal Card, Student Handbook/Agenda Book, Student Handbook Contract Sheets, and the Internet Essential Advertisement. Please return these forms by Tuesday September 4, 2018. Our student handbook, including changes to our student attendance policy, can be located here.
- RHS is always reviewing our safety procedures. Please review a few of our safety reminders here. All safety procedures will be explained to students on the first day of school during grade-level assemblies.
- Here are some helpful reminders from the nurse’s desk.
- Need information on busing to school and parking on school grounds? Please click here.
- Help us earn money for our Student Recognition Programs by joining the Stop and Shop Rewards Program! Please click here for instructions on how to sign-up.
- Once the school year gets started, RHS is happy to announce the return of Saturday School and the introduction of a new after school support program. The new After School Support Program will be held in the Library Media Center Monday thru Thursday from 3-4:30PM. For more information, please click here.
- RHS is very excited to welcome the following new faculty members to RHS to start the school year: Mr. Bryan Conklin (Construction Technology), Mr. Peter Harrison (Alternative Program), Ms. Eileen Hart (Spanish) and Mr. Liubomir Iordanov (Science). To learn more about these talented new hires, please click here.
- RHS always encourages parental involvement. For an overview of ways to stay informed and get involved at RHS, please click here. We look forward to seeing you at our Back to School Night for parents and/or guardians on Wednesday, September 19th beginning at 6:30PM in the RHS Auditorium. For more information, please click here.
Starting a school year strong is very important. Please review this back to school checklist to make sure you have all the information you need to start the 2018-2019 school year. On behalf of the faculty and staff at RHS, we are very much looking forward to seeing you in a week :)!
John Harrison, Ed.D.
Rockland High School Principal