Students and families are strongly encouraged to review the 2018-2019 student handbook. Students will be provided a hard copy in their agenda book. The handbook is also located electronically here.
Please note the revised attendance policy. Some of the changes are highlighted below:
A few important reminders about our school attendance policy.
- Students arriving after 8:00 am must report to the main office and receive a tardy slip before they will be allowed admittance to their assigned classroom.
- A student who accumulates 7 or more days of unexcused absences from school for a semester class and/or 14 or more days of unexcused absences from school for a full-year class will lose academic credit for those classes. Grades earned from the course are not affected by a loss of credit. The course grade will appear on a student’s transcript but without credit. A student is eligible to participate in a Credit Recovery Process to receive the credits.
- Please note a student is considered absent in a particular class after 20 minutes from when the period begins. The administration may assign a Saturday Detention for any students who exceed 5 unexcused tardies per term.
- Medical notes need to be provided to the main office within one week of the date of the absence.
- Absences, Tardies, and Dismissals are excused for the following reasons:
- Medical Situations – physician’s note
- Bereavement – parental contact
- Religious observance – parental contact
- Professional appointments that could not be scheduled outside the regular school day (i.e. court appointments) -parental contact
- Field trips or other school-sanctioned event/activity
- College visits approved ahead of time by guidance
Please be sure to review all school-wide policies.