ROCKLAND HIGH SCHOOL CORE VALUES, BELIEFS,
AND LEARNING EXPECTATIONS
As we move towards the future, our vision is to foster a community
of 21st Century learners who actively seek knowledge and
demonstrate global awareness.
The primary purpose of Rockland High School is to prepare each
student to learn, grow, and thrive in the 21st Century. To accomplish
this, the administration, faculty, staff, and community work together
to provide opportunities for student growth. Through an integrated
curriculum, students are given opportunities to acquire knowledge
and skills that will develop their potential as active life-long learners.
All Rockland High School Students will:
• Solve problems using creative and critical thinking
• Use research and technological skills to locate, access,
organize, evaluate and present information
• Communicate effectively
• Participate in service learning and community service
• Practice personal wellness
At Rockland High School we espouse the following values which
shape and guide all our educational practices:
• We promote critical thinking.
• We value effective communication.
• We believe technology enriches student learning.
• We value collaborative learning.
• We respect diversity.
• We believe physical wellness is part of a rewarding lifestyle.
• We believe an aesthetic education benefits all students.
• We believe all students deserve an equitable education
• We promote high expectations and a rigorous curriculum
• We believe students should be active participants in their