Maryellen Concannon, RN, MSN
R. Stewart Esten Elementary School
John Rogers Middle School
Memorial Park Elementary School
Beverly DiGregorio, RN
Jefferson Elementary School
Kathi Ryan, RN, BSN
Rockland High School
Although it is preferred that all medications are given while the student is at home, there are times when medication may need to be given during the school day. If this is the case, the medication, whether over the counter or prescription, must be delivered to the school in a pharmacy or manufacturer labeled container by you or a responsible adult whom you designate. Please ask your pharmacy to provide separate bottles for school and home. No more than a 30 day supply of medicine should be delivered to the school.
There are two forms, the parent permission form and the physician medication order, which must be on file in your child’s health record before any medication can be given at school. Both of those forms can be printed from this website by clicking on the appropriate link, or they can be obtained at the health office. Once the signed forms are brought to the school’s health office, the medication will be administered. These policies have been put in place to ensure the health and safety of children needing medicine during the school day.
Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 76, Section 15, http://www.malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXII/Chapter76/Section15
requires certification that all children attending school must be fully immunized unless exempt for medical or religious reasons. Required immunizations include Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis (DTP), Polio, Measles, Mumps Rubella (MMR), and Hepatitis B. A chicken pox vaccine is also required unless proof of the disease can be provided by your doctor.
Immunization requirements for grades K-7:
• 5 doses DTP unless the 4th dose is given on or after the 4th birthday.
• 2 doses of Varicella or a physician certified reliable history of chicken pox
• 4 doses Polio unless the 3rd dose is given on or after the 4th birthday.
• 2 doses MMR
• 3 doses Hepatitis B
• 1 dose Tdap required for grade 7
School Health Services Pages
- Rockland High School
- Rogers Middle School
- Esten Elementary School
- Memorial Park Elementary School
- Rockland Public Schools Health Brochure
- Medication Consent Forms
- Athletic Medical Release Form
- Epi – Pen Medication Form
- Physician Exam Forms
- Head Injury Report Packet
- Post Head Injury Authorization Form
- Report of Head Injury During Sports Season
- Concussion Testing Consent Form
- Concussion Training Permission Form
- Concussion Facts and Information